(This page was originally created on May 02, 2002.)
After refusing to do this for so long, I decided to finally give in… (Please overlook all the gramatical errors.)
1. My initials are S.D.C.
2. My maiden name is Donley.
3. I was born in Colquitt, Georgia.
4. I lived in Colquitt until I was 23 years old.
5. I moved to Indiana to be with Jeremy.
6. I met him online.
7.My favorite teacher and only teacher crush was Coach Billy Sellers.
8. Growing up, I was the only girl in the neighborhood, so all the boys liked me.
9. I only wanted to be Johnny’s girlfriend.
10. I couldn’t bring myself to break the other boys’ hearts, so I made them have contests to see who would be my boyfriend.
11. I had to have a few contests before Johnny finally won one.
12. Ritchie won once, I had to let him be my boyfriend, he was my first kiss. (Peck.)
13. I didn’t like Ritchie, so we broke up after a day or two.
14. Johnny and I had an off and on relationship until after I turned 16.
15. It was mostly an “off” thing.
16. My first severe crush, starting at age 9 or 10, was Mike, a foster child that rode my bus.
17. He once asked me to be his girlfriend and I said no because I thought he was playing a prank on me.
18. He wasn’t and we finally dated when I was 15 or 16.
19. I still have dreams about him.
I don’t remember who gave me my first real kiss. Jason W. gave me my first real kiss on flag day in 1989.
21. If I could live off of one food for the rest of my life, I would choose chicken and dumplings. (Made from scratch, of course.)
22. My first child, Gage, was born on September 11, 1993.
23. His brother, Zach, was born four years later on the same day.
24. I have only been drunk one time in my life.
25. I’ve only tried one drug (pot) and only once because it didn’t do anything for me.
26. My “one-that-got-away” would have to be Chad.
27. One of my favorite childhood things was when my parents would take us swimming in the river.
28. That is, until I got old enough to realize that snakes also swim in the river.
29. I once dropped my cousin on his head, he was about 3 or 4 at the time.
30. I also slapped my brother so hard his nose bled once, and only once.
31. My parents used to have a paddle with the poem “Pa is boss as everyone knows, but what Ma says always goes.” and a picture of a boy bending over a chair arm getting a spanking.
32. I knew that paddle too well.
33. I smoked my first cigarette at the age of 9.
34. My aunt made me do it so that I couldn’t tell on her for smoking.
35. When my brother was about 2 years old, I told him that raisins were bugs and then made him eat one. He liked it.
36. I was dropped on my head as a baby. (Really!)
37. My first celebrity crush was Wil Wheaton.
38. My second was New Kids on the Block.
39. Joey was my favorite New Kid.
40. I’ve only been to one concert in my life.
41. It was a New Kids on the Block concert.
42. I had never even been inside an airport (much less inside an airplane) until Jeremy and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon.
43. While in Hawaii, I decided to go a step further and go for my first (and last) helicopter ride.
44. Stephen King is my favorite author.
45. My favorite vacations were the ones where my aunts would take me (w/o the rest of my family) to St. George’s Island with them.
46. I scored 1010 on my SAT, three years after I quit school.
47. I sometimes wonder what score I would have gotten if I had finished school and took it then.
48. I wanted to put this list in chronological order, but it ain’t happenin’.
49. I took the GED test two years after I quit school.
50. I passed it the first time, without studying.
51. I volunteer at Zach’s school. I listen to the kids read their Accelerated Reader books.
52. I believe that teaching a child to read is the most important (educational) thing you can do for them.
53. The one time that I got drunk, I didn’t have any fun. I just kept asking the same guy what time it was over and over and then I puked my guts out.
54. I used to pretend that one of my aunts was my real mother.
55. I’ve never learned how to do cartwheels.
56. One of my first memories was when I ate bologna and got sick.
57. I still don’t eat bologna.
58. I’ve only been in two fist-fights in my life.
59. Each time was with a cousin, although not the same cousin both times.
60. Everyone at my first job swore I was pregnant because, for breakfast, I would eat a ham, egg, and cheese biscuit covered in syrup and drink a glass of dill pickle juice with it.
61. I wasn’t pregnant at the time.
62. The only time I got sick during my first pregnancy was when I had to clean a bird’s cage.
63. The only time I got sick during my second pregnancy was when I was awake.
64. Oops. I forgot that I caught a virus during the eighth month of my first pregnancy. I had to have a shot in the ass to make me stop throwing up because my doctor was afraid I might hurt the baby.
65. I’d rather have a shot in my arm than my ass.
66. The strongest alcohol I’ve ever had was “Golden Grain” at 180 proof (90% alcohol).
67. I took one swallow and vomited.
68. I believe in God, but I don’t trust organized religion.
69. If I had continued school and gone to college, I’d probably be a psychologist now.
70. Or maybe a nurse.
71. I’ve been told I should be a lawyer because I love to argue, especially when I’m wrong.
72. Before I had children, my favorite way to relax was to sit under a tree in my yard and write.
73. My current way to relax is to put on my headphone and listen to Collective Soul while I either take pictures or surf the ‘net.
74. I hate pepper because it reminds me of bugs.
75. My brother once (about 15 years ago) found a bug on our pizza at Pizza Hut.
76. They made us pay for the part of the pizza that we had already eaten.
77. I’ve never been fired from a job.
78. I love to annoy my children by calling them “Booger Bear” (Gage), and “monkey Boy” (Zach).
79. I tried to get the nurses to put my sister back when she was born because I wanted a brother.
80. I wanted to be the only girl.
81. I once dedicated the song “Walk Like an Egyptian” to my aunt on a local radio station.
82. The song didn’t really have any special meaning, I just wanted to hear it.
83. The first music video I ever saw was “Sledgehammer”.
84. My favorite state is Virginia.
85. I haven’t been to Virginia in a very long time, but I would love to go back someday.
86. I am extremely ophidiphobic.
87. I hate to be touched after I’ve been swimming.
88. I hate salt water.
89. I used to love to go fishing with my dad.
90. One time I was catching fish so quickly that my dad didn’t have time to fish because he was taking my fish off of my line.
91. I still can’t take fish off of my own line, but I can bait my own hook.
92. I haven’t been fishing in over ten years.
93. I once accidentally got my hook stuck in my brother’s ear.
94. He got me back for that and the nose bleed by hitting me in the head with one of those cross-shaped tire irons.
95. Just too make sure I wouldn’t repeat my mistake, he later shot me with a bb gun.
96. I’ve never repeated my mistake.
97. Mostly becase he outgrew me to the point that I wouldn’t even thump him now.
98. I love to watch Roseanne reruns but I hated the show when it was originally on the air.
99. I got my first website, hosted by GeoCities, in 2000.
100. I’ve recently discovered, and fell in love with, As Time Goes By.